- 0 (Registered)
Safeguarding is about protecting children and young people from abuse or neglect by the actions or inaction of another person. In order to safeguard and protect children we need to learn how to identify children at risk and then take the necessary protective steps.
Every child has the right to be safe and this safeguarding course aims to teach attenders how to recognise the signs of abuse and neglect and what actions to take to stop this from happening and from recurring. Abuse, neglect and exploitation can be perpetrated anywhere and by anyone, quite often being a person in a position of trust.
This course is designed for all persons who work with children to give them the tools and knowledge to make a difference to a child’s life. It will also let the practitioner know the correct actions to take when dealing with a child safeguarding issue. It is supported with a real life case study which underpins the learning in each section.
- Introduction to safeguarding
- Safeguarding Legislation and Guidance-key legislation and legal responsibilities
- Recognising and Responding to Abuse –Why don’t children disclose and identifying the signs and indicators of abuse
- Responses Under the Safeguarding Structure. Early help, child in need and Section 47 joint investigations.
- Disguised compliance and difficult conversations
- Working Together and Sharing Information. Guidance and legislative support for sharing information
- Risk assessment. Using ‘signs of safety’ to work through the case study
- Serious Case reviews-cases where significant learning has been gained and used to adjust safeguarding practice
- A background to the issue of safeguarding children
- An understanding of the signs and indicators of child abuse and legislation that underpins safeguarding.
- An insight to a detailed case study and how that relates to each section of the training
- An understanding into risk assessment and the practical responses to differing levels of concern.
- Reassurance as to the law and guidance relating to information sharing and working together.
Curriculum is empty
A certificate of attendance will be received to each delegate on completion of the course.