- 0 (Registered)
This qualification has been designed to provide the knowledge and competence for a learner to deal with emergency first aid situations in a forestry/agricultural environment. This qualification is designed to supplement a First Aider’s existing First Aid at Work or Emergency First Aid at Work qualification and covers the recommended topics stated in the Forestry Commission First Aid policy 2015.
Level 3 Emergency First Aid + Forestry
- Catastrophic Bleeding Control
- Crush Injuries
- Responsibilities and Reporting
- Assessment of the situation
- Emergency Planning and remote medical assistance
- Dealing with an unresponsive casualty
- Basic Hygiene in First Aid
- Effects of extreme cold
- Lyme Disease
- Minor Injuries
The practical and theoretical assessment is ongoing throughout the duration of the course and a three year qualification can be offered to all, subject to assessment.